I have successfully migrated my blog from
Jekyll to Hugo. The ability to generate the entire site from
a single executable is very appealing. What pushed me to finally make the move was a security notification from GitHub: apparently
one of the ruby gems Jekyll relies on had a vulnerability. I’m not a ruby developer, and I blog so infrequently that it’s a pain to try
to remember how to update my local ruby environment and keep everything working, so… Hugo it is!
I have been learning F# recently, and one of the great things about it is the REPL, called F# Interactive.
I ran into a problem when I tried to reference the
NuGet package in an
.fsx file, like so:
After many months of doing other things, one of our devs tried to open our solution in the latest version of Visual Studio 2017 (15.7.3), only to be greeted with the following error message:
Project file is incomplete. Expected imports are missing.
Disclaimer: This worked for me, but as with all undocumented hacks, proceed at your own risk.
There may be a better way to do this, but I couldn’t find it. I trust that your
.rdlcfiles are in source control, and that you can rollback to a previously working version if this causes problems.
For various reasons, I needed to upgrade my
RDLC report’s schema version from the default 2008 version to the 2010 version.
The problem arises when you have a column with character strings that look like numbers. Looking like a number isn’t a problem in and of itself, unless the value starts with the character “0”. Excel will try to treat the column’s values as a number, and therefore eliminate any leading 0s.
Just a quick tip:
If you’re trying to use Google Oauth 2.0 to authenticate users in your MVC 5 application, start with this tutorial:
About 6 years ago, I wrote a post about Enumerating HttpModules in ASP.NET. On my current project, I once again needed to view the loaded
HttpModules, but this time in
ASP.NET MVC. The code is very similar; it just has some MVC-isms and has been
Here is the relevant code: